Reader's engagement is rather essential in your website. That's a fact. If you have a blog, then it is very important not to overlook your old posts and leave them as they are, totally unnoticed. This is where a related post widget comes in handy. And when you say related posts, first that comes to mind and is widely used among bloggers and websites is Link Within Widget.
Link Within widget appears under each of your posts, showing and linking related posts/stories from your blog archive, new or old. This way, even your oldest posts will be visible to your readers under some related stories.
Why Choose Link Within Widget?
- Show related stories under each post.
- Not letting your past stories go to waste.
- Increase pageviews and keep readers engaged.
- Elegant, obtrusive design.
- Free and easy to install!
How to Install Link Within Widget to Blogger?There are few easy steps to install Link Within.
1. Get your code at Link Within website and enter the following information.
- Enter your email. Don't worry, they won't send you annoying monthly newsletter :)
- Enter your blog link.
- In Platform menu, choose «Other».
- If your blog has a dark background with light text, then "check" the box.
- Then click «Get Widget».
- Copy the codes in Notepad.
3. Right "above </body>", paste the code you got in link within. It should look like these.
###### is your site ID.
<script>var linkwithin_site_id = ######;</script>
<a href='http://www.linkwithin.com/'><img alt='Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...' src='http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png' style='border: 0'/></a>
*Note: If you do NOT want to show related posts in Homepage, then add these couple of lines in the code.
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>
PASTE ABOVE CODE HERE...
That's it ! Your related articles should be visible at the end of your posts.