Sunday, November 20, 2011

Budget Meal at Penong's Barbeque Seafoods and Grill

During our visit in Jack's Ridge, we should have had our dinner at Taklobo Restaurant but unfortunately, they were not as accommodating as we thought. They were just ignoring us for heaven's sake or perhaps, they had sensed that they couldn't get enough from us? hmmmppp. Whatever reasons, we just couldn't take our growling bellies anymore. So, the moment we decided to leave, we headed to Penong's Barbeque Seafoods and Grill in front of crossing Shrine Hills, Matina Davao City.
The juiciest and delicious chicken barbeque
Penong's has the juiciest chicken barbeque I had ever tasted. Aside from offering unlimited rice, they are reasonably cheaper too. Penong's is one of the most renowned restaurants here in Davao City and certainly has numerous customers from average to high class people. It was really popular here...

Penong's Inato Meal
We had waited for about 20 minutes to get our orders done. Quiet long for us who were dead hungry! 

We also ordered kinilaw which I really liked. I never had thought kinilaw could be mixed with sliced mango (of course, green mango). I hadn't tasted it before not until recently... 
Delicious kinilaw with tiny sliced mango...? Oh, but I really love it!
This kinilaw tasted so good than those I ever had tasted before... I couldn't help eating even the sliced mango even though I wasn't really fond of sour foods. XD

I spent Php 311 for 2 persons. Pretty cheap, isn't it?
I have heard some not-so-good feedback about Penong's but, as for my own "personal" experience, I will definitely go back to this place for sure next time. They had the best chicken barbeque and kinilaw too, so far:D